Thursday, April 4, 2013


Some years ago, I had the great fortune of meeting Roger Ebert during a Press Screening at Sundance... I actually sat across the aisle from him, which was a goose bump inducing experience. That same year, I saw him do a "live" commentary of the first 30 minutes of CITIZEN KANE at a special Hamptons Film Fest screening... another great moment... minutes later, I shook his hand... the hand of the Pulitzer Prize winning film critic, who today, rejoined his best friend Gene in that great movie theatre in the sky... agree or disagree with their reviews, none of it matters. What's left is the legacy... These gentlemen changed the way people perceive film criticism forever. From SNEAK PREVIEWS to SISKEL & EBERT... AT THE MOVIES, mainstream America now views films in a whole other way... and to that, I say, now and forever, thumbs up Roger and Gene... R.I.P. and thank you for the magic!

1 comment:

  1. what a lines These gentlemen changed the way people perceive film criticism forever. From SNEAK PREVIEWS to SISKEL & EBERT... AT THE MOVIES, mainstream America now views films in a whole other way...

    ReplyDelete